10 Hr. Roll + Restore Training
Our next program will take place Saturday 3/2 & Sunday 3/3 from 12-5pm at GoYoga Dublin click here to sign up!
Put the power of self-myofascial release into your own hands!
Our training will empower you to incorporate therapeutic self-massage into your professional offerings and personal practice, adopting and teaching simple yet highly effective self-care regimens to help relax tense muscles, relieve trigger point tension and improve localized circulation for better anti-inflammation and oxygenation.
This targeted self-massage trigger point work uses small, grippy rubber massage balls and focused movement routines to help penetrate through layers of skin and muscle to massage deeply into your high-tension areas. These simple yet incredibly effective tools help break through tissue adhesions (like “stuck points” with limited pliability, often brought on by stress, physical exertion, injury, or dehydration) that may be found within the protective layer of fascia surrounding your connective tissues. Over time, this can help increase joint range of motion without sacrificing strength and stability, allowing you to do the things you love (squat, lift, pull, push) even better. Self-myofascial release is a valuable way to reduce pain, improve mobility, facilitate tissue healing, avoid injury, and maximize physical performance and is recommended for just about anyone who is active, healthy, and looking to stay that way!
*Note: you do not have to be a current teacher of any sort to take this training.
Our time together will including exploring & practicing:
- How to use Roll & Restore as an adjunct offering within personal training sessions, stretch, Pilates, dance classes, wellness coaching, yoga, massage therapy, or with kids and special needs populations
- Sequencing options focused on addressing targeted pain areas, integration into classes, workshops, private classes and more
- Explore pain-erasing self-myofascial release in over-used areas of your body like your hands and knees, or completely ignored areas like the diaphragm and pelvic floor
- Learn how to trouble-shoot classroom pitfalls and challenges when presenting to beginners or more experienced students
- Learn the art of crafting test/retest scenarios to provide instant feedback of improved function or reduced pain
- Go beyond formulaic instruction and truly learn how to think and teach creatively within your specific teaching environment, with both group classes and private clients
In addition, you’ll receive a comprehensive manual with helpful tips and tools you can take with you beyond training!
More about Cindy:
Cindy Lilly, eRYT500, has been practicing and teaching yoga, movement, meditation, and mindfulness for nearly 15 years. She came to yoga and meditation at a time of high stress in her life, as a means to help manage chronic health issues and now as a means to strive for equanimity in her life. Cindy offers classes that make movement and mindfulness accessible for all, despite any kind of hesitation, limitation, or injury and hopes and that the peaceful and steadying effect of these practices become a positive force of energy that everyone can take with them into their lives off the mat.
“I enjoyed the freedom to try different methods on our own bodies to see how it feels and bounce ideas and questions off one another. It helped me to think ahead for all the different ages and body types I’ll be seeing in class.” – Heather
“I enjoyed the interactive nature of the training. We discussed, we practiced, we asked questions and I learned a lot!” – Kernessa