Level 1 Program: 100 Hours in Belize
Our Level 1 Teacher Training Program in Belize combines our transformative Level 1 teacher training curriculum with a breath-taking location. Take a one week pause from your busy life and go all in to your yoga practice and a healthy lifestyle!
A Day in the Life at Level 1…
We will begin each day with a morning meditation beach walk followed by a healthy breakfast of local and fresh prepared foods and juices. From there, we will practice in a palapa over the Caribbean Sea and then dive deep into the art and science of teaching yoga. Lunch is served beachfront, again freshly prepared using local ingredients that will energize our bodies. Each afternoon there will be down time to relax and soak in the scenery. We will meet again over the sea for a beautiful afternoon practice followed by fun and inspiring group activities. Dinner is served in a rooftop dining area overlooking the sunset at sea. After dinner, we meet again in our special palapa to reflect and wrap up our evening. Then we nestle in for the night and start each day refreshed and renewed! There will be one longer afternoon break to take advantage of the sights and beautiful offerings of Belize…choose to swim with the sharks, explore downtown San Pedro or just to relax quietly at the resort.
Our destination program is specifically designed to provide you with not only an efficient and proven way to build a strong yoga foundation that you can use for teaching, but also an incredible experience to recharge your body, mind and soul. This program does count toward a 200 hour yoga teacher training (one of our Level 2 programs is required to complete the full 200 hours).
We stay at Ak’Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco Resort. Located on Ambergris Caye, Belize’s largest island, the resort offers a gorgeous beachfront location and all of the amenities you need to have a great week in paradise!
- Thatched Cabanas – island chic cabanas that offer private outdoor showers and front porches
- Village Rooms – group living with shared bathrooms and common areas
Level 1 Curriculum
Our goal: to give you the knowledge and tools you need to begin teaching a foundational yoga class immediately after Level 1 training. We do this through exploring a wide knowledge base
• Understanding the essence of yoga and yogic principles
• Evolution of modern yoga
• Breath work and meditation
• Basic anatomy terminology and concepts
• Yoga pose clinics
• Verbal and physical assisting
• Creating an empowering experience for students
• Strategies for teaching to specific populations
• The business of yoga
• Letting your authentic voice shine
• Daily practice teaching, yoga classes and meditation practice
• Reading and independent study (note: you will need to complete approximately 25 hours of outside class work, including reading and establishing a regular home yoga and meditation practice)
Questions on our Level 1 Belize Program? Email Molly at firstname.lastname@example.org