Level 1 Program: 100 Hours in The Dominican Republic
Our Level 1 Teacher Training Program in The Dominican Republic combines our transformative Level 1 teacher training curriculum with a breath-taking location. Take a one week pause from your busy life and go all in to your yoga practice and a healthy lifestyle!
A Day in the Life at Level 1…
We will begin each day with a morning meditation followed by a healthy breakfast of local and fresh prepared foods and juices. From there, we will practice among the lush jungle and then dive deep into the art and science of teaching yoga. Lunch will consist of freshly prepared foods using local ingredients that will energize our bodies. Each afternoon there will be down time to relax and soak in the scenery. We will meet again over for an afternoon practice followed by fun and inspiring group activities. Dinner is served overlooking the sunset. After dinner, we meet again to reflect and wrap up our evening. Then we nestle in for the night and start each day refreshed and renewed! There will be one longer afternoon break to take advantage of the sights and beautiful offerings of The Dominican Republic…choose to swim, explore or relax quietly at the resort.
Our destination program is specifically designed to provide you with not only an efficient and proven way to build a strong yoga foundation that you can use for teaching, but also an incredible experience to recharge your body, mind and soul. This program does count toward a 200 hour yoga teacher training (one of our Level 2 programs is required to complete the full 200 hours).
We stay at Dominican Tree House Village Located heart of El Valle.
- Single Cabana Tree House
- Double Cabana Tree House
- Quad Cabana Tree House
Level 1 Curriculum
Our goal: to give you the knowledge and tools you need to begin teaching a foundational yoga class immediately after Level 1 training. We do this through exploring a wide knowledge base
• Understanding the essence of yoga and yogic principles
• Evolution of modern yoga
• Breath work and meditation
• Basic anatomy terminology and concepts
• Yoga pose clinics
• Verbal and physical assisting
• Creating an empowering experience for students
• Strategies for teaching to specific populations
• The business of yoga
• Letting your authentic voice shine
• Daily practice teaching, yoga classes and meditation practice
• Reading and independent study (note: you will need to complete approximately 25 hours of outside class work, including reading and establishing a regular home yoga and meditation practice)
Questions on our Level 1 Belize Program? Email Molly at email@example.com