Our 4 month Mentorship Program is designed to bridge the gap between yoga teacher training and teaching in an established yoga studio; helping to build your confidence and refine your teaching in the class style(s) of your choosing. Often new teachers are left to their own devices and trial by fire to figure out what works and what doesn’t. This can mean showing up for classes with no attendees or 1-2 students for weeks on end and fighting off a lot of nerves, doubts and uncertainties as you try to apply what you learned in teacher training out in the real world. Our mentorship program gives you a more optimal experience as a new teacher by pairing you with an experienced instructor for a fully supportive relationship filled with weekly guidance, coaching, inspiration and years of wisdom to draw upon. What you learn in this 4 months will be with you for a lifetime as you get personalized attention to help you shine in your strengths and challenges to help you grow in areas of opportunity as well as advice and tips pulled from your mentor’s years spent refining their craft. They are here to help you break down common new teacher perceptions and barriers that stand in the way of you being an amazing and impactful teacher out of the gate, as you fill classrooms, fill hearts and keep your own cup filled up in the process!
- Must be 200 hour certified or enrolled in an upcoming Level 2 Teacher Training
- Must complete our mentorship application click here to apply!
- Once the application is submitted instructors must attend an open audition
- Practice assisting a real class each week; learn how to be hands on and fine tune your skill of reading bodies and classroom energy
- A comprehensive manual to support your throughout the program
- A weekly mentorship meeting to discuss progress and observations from the week prior and to cover class planning, sequencing, cueing and philosophy for the upcoming week
- Real teaching experience through teaching a public community class each week, where your mentor will observe and provide feedback and coaching
- A 4-month membership to GoYoga so you can stay in practice and attend 2 classes as a student each week
- 8 hours of classroom observation of other experienced teachers in the class style(s) you teach
- 4 hours of GoYoga continuing education workshops
- 4 hours of business training including learning Mindbody
- Reading assignments selected by your mentor
- Access to the GoYoga instructor knowledge base
Investment: $550 or 4 monthly payments of $150
- Your mentorship program hours and payments can be applied to your 300 hour GoYoga programming if you choose to enroll in our Level 3 program.
About our Mentors: All mentors have demonstrated excellence in their fields through investing in their education, achieving excellence in class attendance and client feedback and expanding their reach through teaching workshops and/or trainings. GoYoga mentors are either certified at the 500 hour level or have completed specialized mentorship training and have a passion for helping new teachers to grow and make an impact in their communities.