Next Level Leadership: 300 Hour Advanced Teacher Training Program
GoYoga’s 300 hour program is an experience rich with exploration, innovation and demonstration that will support you in going beyond the basics of yoga teaching by expanding into the leader, educator and human you are destined to become. While the paths are many, in this dynamic training we build upon what we learned in our 200-hour trainings, integrate what we’ve taken away from our practical experience and support one another in rising up to become impactful, heart-centered leaders leaving legacies in the communities we serve. We will dive into proven effective and best practices, but most importantly we will shape our own insights and share them in subject areas such as philosophy, sequencing, meditation, breath work, inquiry, branding, growing community, training and event leadership. All in, when combined with your 200 hour certification, this additional 300 hours of Yoga Alliance-approved programming will certify you as 500-hour Yoga Teacher.
Your Facilitators: Our 300 hour program is led by GoYoga founder and co-owner Alissa Rodgers, eRYT500, with guest appearance from experienced GoYoga teachers and industry leaders in a variety of topics to give you a powerfully well rounded experience. Alissa brings into this training the depth of her 16 years of yoga and business leadership experience and her passion for helping people uncover and rise to their fullest potential. Having worn just about all of the hats in the yoga industry, she has invaluable insights and knowledge to help you grow into the leader you desire to become.
Our time together will be spent in classroom sessions, workshops, trainings, mentorships and assisting experienced teachers in their element. As a group, we’ll meet for 7 required weekends where we will dive into our program Core Curriculum, share knowledge and experience, practice and reflect and also put into action what we’ve learned.
Beyond our group Core Weekends, you will select electives and be assigned mentorship and assisting opportunities to fulfill your program requirements. In between our group weekends you are required to stay in regular practice (at least twice per week) and complete at home reading, writing and planning assignments.
The breakdown of your total program hours is:
Core Weekends – 130 Hours
Elective Hours – 100 Hours (Must be complete within 18 months of our first Core Curriculum weekend. Electives you have taken from 1/1/19 up until our first Core Curriculum weekend can be submitted for request of approval to count toward your program hours.)
Mentorship, Assisting & Meetings with Program Leadership – 40 Hours (Must be complete within 18 months of our first Core Curriculum weekend).
Outside Assignments – 30 Hours (All assignments must be submitted on time by their assigned due date).
- Completion of a 200-hour yoga teacher training prior to the first group weekend (does not have to be through GoYoga)
- Must be currently teaching yoga in some capacity by the first group weekend
- Must complete 100 hours of total lifetime teaching within 18 months of our first group weekend
- Must maintain a regular yoga and meditation practice (at least twice per week)
- 100% attendance, participation, completion of assignments and timeliness
- A strong desire and open willingness to grow, expand and serve others in big way
Next Level Curriculum:
- Sequencing methodologies and progressions
- Stylistic expansion and theming
- Creatively teaching beyond the traditional postures
- Artful assisting
- Practical anatomy and meaningful modifications
Meditation & Breath Practices
- Understanding the breadth and depth of meditation and pranayama practices
- Practicing and powerfully teaching meditation and breath work
- The science of meditation and breath
- Understanding and then translating traditional philosophy for today’s world
- Exploration of impactful yoga texts
- Living yoga
Leadership & Impact
- Facilitating inquiry
- Brand and offering refinement
- Creating content
- Developing and executing events and workshops
- Mentoring and teaching teachers
- Growing community through creating deep connections and amazing experiences
- Emotional anatomy and trauma
- Inspiration, sustainability and service